Fashion design has hit its pinnacle of success this year with artists like Teyana Taylor, Rihanna, and Cardi B hitting the red carpets wearing nothing but the latest designs accompanied by their own personal style.
Up and coming designers like the one featured today are taking things to the next level by providing custom designers for their customers that makes every outfit stand out in a room full of the same ol thing.
Nina also known as safaridesignss is a young designer who has taken her passion for fashion and provided a personal service that every fashionista or thread king can appreciate.
- Where are you from and what do you currently do for a living?
SD: My name is Nina, and I am from Philadelphia, currently I design fashion chokers and custom designs. I also work in direct full time.
- Are you happy with your current job title, could you do your job for the rest of your life without getting bored? If not, what would you’d rather be doing?
SD: Yes as far as with my business I am happy. Not so much with my 9-5 job. Looking at how things are going as of now, I could create fashionable pieces for the rest of my life, designing is my passion.
- What’s stopping you?
SD: Nothing at all, it is just a matter of timing when hitting my goals outside of designing.
- Do you have any children? If yes, how do you balance work and play? If not, how would having children affect your future plans? Do they fit into your idea of success?
SD: I don’t have any children. IfIi did have children right now it would affect my future negatively in some ways because I am trying to pursue my business at this time in my life, and that is my biggest concern. At 21, I have the rest of my life to have children but right now is my prime grind time.
- What is one of the first things you do when you wake up in the morning? What is the last?
SD: The first thing I do when I wake up in the morning is to check my phone to see if I have any orders or text messages. And thats the last thing I do before I go to bed too. It’s all about my business.
- Who depends on you?
SD: My family and close friends.
- Whom do you depend on?
SD: I depend on my mom and dad but not too much.
- What recent creative venture have you taken on? Tell us the concept behind this idea, business, etc?
SD: A recent creative venture I’ve taken on is deciding to expand my business. I am taking on a new challenge within my brand and it’s super excited to see the outcome!
- How would your service or product benefit your customers, or people around you?
SD: I design for everyone, my chokers benefit my customers when they just need a pop of bling added to their outfits or to express how they dress through wearing unique chokers made specially for them that they can not find anywhere else.
- What kinds of problems do you face on a day to day basis? How do you normally handle the problems that come your way?
SD: I face problems every day just like everyone else. I experience time issues when I need to have a certain amount of designs created and I sometimes fall short when the deadline is near. Time management, balancing work and school, maintaining a business. The way i handle my problems is just putting what is most important first.
- What practices or routines do you do on a daily basis to keep you up in spirits?
SD: Laughing and hanging out with my friends and watching scary movies with my friends.
- Where do you see yourself/family in 5 years, 10 years, 15 years?
SD: In 5 years I see my self with my own store. In 10 years I see myself creating new ideas for my business. And in 15 years I see myself helping my children create their own business as well.
- Any advice you would give your younger self?
SD: Finish school as fast as possible no breaks. And anything you want to do is possible when you work hard at it.
Follow Nina on Instagram @safaridesignss for custom chokers at a reasonable price!